Pages

Thursday 2 July 2015

Finally have a craft area

I have finally got somewhere to put all of my craft and planner bits as well as some of my books. I have been after some space for me for a while now. We have a massive under stairs cupboard that I hope to use eventually but it is full up of junk and can not see it getting sorted anytime soon so for now I have got a corner in the living room.
We went to ikea last night and brought a desk and a book case. We didn't get in till late and after we had put our boys to bed it was 11pm. We still had to put everything together though as there was no where for it and my boys would of damaged them selves or the boxes if they were just laying around. So I put on x files and got on with it. 
The first thing was clearing out the old book case and moving the sofa over a bit, and yes it did look a lot worse before it got better.
There is no way I could of done this while my boys were up.

It was all easy to put together and I actually like doing flat pack!
The only problem we had was that one of the legs for the desk was missing a pack of screws so we used a screw from each of the other legs to secure the other one. If we remember we will put some extra screws in at some point. (there's no way I'm gonna remember)

I am still playing with arranging everything but this is the finished area.
I have my 5 month olds cloth nappys on the black shelve thing on the back of the desk, I am not sure if these will stay here or not yet.

Top half of the shelves have my books, planners, candles and cameras on it.

Big middle shelf has my storage boxes and a few other bits.

The shelves under the desk have disposable nappys for my 2 year old and 5 month old as well as my 2 year olds cloth nappys. Right at the bottom is some of my wool and a box full of random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment